1/16/2014

Good morning,  cold and yucky outside...but not snowing,  that is a good thing :)

I watched The Butler last night.  Enjoyed it.  Was interesting to look at the 60's and civil rights movement from the people who lived through it.   I will admit as a child I never saw the black/white separation.  Who ever did the casting I think made a mistake putting Oprah in it.  Nothing against Oprah, I just did not feel she was convincing as the character that she played.   The movie made me think. If you get a chance to watch it, let me know what you thought.

Rayne has something wrong with her front leg.  She is unable to stand on her left leg and tucks it up under her.  She does not behave as she is in pain.  The x-rays showed nothing.  She also had a chiropractic adjustment,  her spine was very out of line.  The vet feels that it might have been a pinched nerve or a soft tissue injury.  We don't know if she twisted it jumping down from something.  She is home on anti-inflammatory and pain meds.  We will reassess on Monday.


Finally talked to the oncologist about Autumn.  

Autumn ask will you please help save her life!

We are going to go with Radiation and if it has spread chemo.  Autumn is barely 3 years old,  she should have a chance of a long life.  The vet oncologist said if the cancer has stayed localized,  we have a good chance of giving her many years.  Cats do not have the side effects that humans do.  The treatment is Monday-Friday for 14 treatments.  Barebaron is going to take her to stay at his house and take her every day for her treatments in Raleigh.   We are so bless to have Bill as a supporter!!

Rarely do we ever ask for cash donations but  The cost is approx $7-8,000    Will you help us save her life by donating to her cancer fund?   Here is the link:


Please share with your friends :)

Crazy kittens today live on http://ustream.tv/blindcatrescue   
 Tours at noon, 3 pm and 10 pm.  Chat at 6 and boxes at 6:30 pm EST
Hope you will join us :)



Please remember to vote today,  we are in first only by a hair




Comments

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with Rayne and Autumn. I wanted to see The Butler.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alana, and bless you Baron! My sister's elderly cat has bladder cancer and has done very well with treatment - I think both radiation and chemo? The old girl also gets sub-q fluids every day for her kidneys. I will do what I can to help you with Autumn - you're right, sounds like she has an excellent chance at beating this and living a good long life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited that you're first!!! I really want you to win and have been voting every day, even when I was so sick with the flu I could hardly think! You guys really deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the blog. I haven't seen The Butler, but will watch and let you know. Prayers and love to Rayne and Autumn. I sent a donation for Autumn's treatment. I know that she will beat this and live a wonderful long life. I have been voting every day for you guys. Bless you all and all the dear kitties...and to Baron for taking Autumn for her treatments. You guys restore my faith in humanity!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts