Why cats meow with toys in their mouths.

I thought we would do a second part to our article last week about why cats bring us presents we sometimes do not want.

How many of you have cats that go around your house with their toys in their mouth, meowing?  I do. Molly one of my 2 cats, loves her feather toy and will drag it around the house meowing. She likes to do this in the middle of the night though, which I do not always think is so cute at 2 am in the morning. LOL - Gena



by Mandy Cooper


There's no denying it. No matter how much you love your cat, there's still a bit of a language barrier. You understand your cats “I'm hungry” meow and “wake me up and pet me” meow so if you're wondering why kitty meows with a toy in their mouth, it's likely they

are bringing attention to them and their prized possession.


In the wild, cats tend to vocalise with their kittens and sexual partners. By changing the tone and pattern of their meow, they can communicate a variety of intentions. If you watch kitty when they see a bird out of the window, for instance, you will notice their meow is very different to say a “let me outside” meow. Kitty is calling your attention to their prized catch.


Mother cats will often teach their kittens to hunt by catching prey and bringing it back to their kittens, giving the kittens something to practice hunting on. When kitty makes a big fuss to having a toy in their mouth, they want you to pay attention to it. Making a fuss over toys isn't the only part of cat play.


If your cat drops toys in food or water dishes, your cat is not trying to bathe the toys, but is securing their toy in a safe place after playing with it. In a cat's world, food and water dishes are part of their territory and a secure place to stash their prized boy away from possible predators as if they were in the wild.


This sort of play teaches your cat to show off their treasures through meows and other noises and provides your cat with mental and physical stimulation. Play is a huge part of why cats meow with their treasures (or toy!) in their mouths, as well as wanting your attention to notice them as well as the toy. The meow sounds like the cat is in distress but they are actually quite the opposite and want you to notice what they are doing.


This behaviour seems to happen more when no one is watching and if you notice and pay attention, your cat is happy with that, drops the toy and toddles off or settles down, especially if your cat does this at night while you are asleep. It's an instinctual behaviour learned from kittenhood. I “killed” my toy for you and I'm very clever. Notice me. It's quite amazing how their learned behaviours come into play. Mum cat catches food and yowls for their kittens to come and get it. It's no different to our own cats and their offerings for us. We are “helpless” cats and need to be “taught” how to “catch” things and prove what great hunters we are too.







Comments

  1. It was really insightful.
    Thanks for the info.
    Wanna have more contents from you.
    Cheers
    BTW if anyone interested more have a look view More thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the kind of topics post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day!
    House of toys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is real take it serious, who will believe that a herb can cure ten
      years HIV in my body, i never believe that this will work i have spend a
      lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, what i was
      waiting for is death because i was broke, one day i hard about this great
      man who is well know of HIV and cancer cure, i decided to email him,
      unknowingly to me that this will be the end of the HIV aids in my body, he
      prepare the herb for me, and give me instruction on how to take it, at the
      end of the two week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i
      went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me negative, i thought
      it was a joke, i went to other hospital was also negative, then i took my
      friend who was also HIV positive to the Dr voodoo after the treatment she
      was also confirm negative . He also have the herb to cure cancer please i
      want every one with this virus to be free, that is why am dropping his
      email address, voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com i want you to email him he
      is a great man. the government is also interested in this Dr voodoo
      thank you for saving my life, and I promise I will always testify
      for your good work you can also add him on whatsApp
      +2348140120719

      Delete
  3. Hello everyone, sharing this testimony is my greatest happiness also to let every patient know there is cure to get rid of  human papillomavirus. I was once a HPV patient  for a very long time. I have been taking medications because my doc in Canada told me there is no cure except pills to control it which i have been taking. Until I found a faithful and truthful herbalist who finally cured me with herbal  remedy. Everything about the virus was gone, my genital warts I have been trying to remove, they all cleared off. Here is the herbalist information to reach him via  dragumbasolutioncenter@gmail.com or his website  https://dragumbasolutioncent.wixsite.com/spell   whatsapp contact +2349032173881  Dr Agumba is great and very kind to every patient. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to quickly crave your indulgence and bring to your notice a powerful Herbal Doctor called Dr James  from West Africa, who in just  21 days of contact was able to cure me of HIV for 15 years as ARV consumption does not work but got me a fat belle, I was surfing the internet on my research on herbal alternative for HIV cure, I came across Mrs Stephanie Brown, Lori Hirst, Trisha Nelson and Mr Richmond Kelly, and others on their appreciation and testimonies on how Dr James cured  them of, Cancer,HIV/Aids, Alzheimer's disease, and Hepatitis B with his herbal mix medicine. Without no hesitation I picked up interest and contacted the same Dr James on his Email that was provided (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com), I told him about my HIV and my details, he told me not to be scared that he will cure me, and he as well gave me guarantee, he asked me to pay for the items which I did.in 2 days time he sent his herbal mix medicine, through SPEED POST COURIER SERVICE  which was delivered to my post office within 4 business days. I appreciated his honesty. I used his herbal drink for 21 days as he prescribed it to, believe me though I was cured of HIV when they all said HIV got no permanent cure. There is a cure to HIV/AIDS when herbal medicine is being used in the right proportion by a good herbal doctor like Dr James, the herbal gifted man. Am short of words to thank him and I have resorted to this medium of telling the world at large about him. His truly amazing and kind in helping any sick patients recover their healthy life, he does not charge. Just a small fees to send the herbal medicine to you anywhere in the world. He also told me he got cures for human diseases such as Alzheimer's diseases, Bed wetting cure, Schizophrenia, Cancer, Scoliosis, Bladder Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Breast Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Leukemia, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Fibromyalgia, Syndrome Fibrodysplasia, Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes, Celiac disease, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Asthma, Allergic diseases. Hiv_ Aids, Herpes, Inflammatory bowel disease, COPD, Diabetes, contact him today via email:  drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com believe me  You will surely testify just like me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The greatest Joy in my life today is that i have been cured of Herpes by a Doctor called Dr Ogudugu, I was infected with HERPES Disease in 2019, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution,so that my body can be okay. Until one faithful day as i was browsing on the internet I saw a testimony on how Dr Ogudugu has helped people in curing Herpes and other diseases, quickly copied his WhatsApp number so i contacted him for solution for my Herpes disease, So Dr Ogudugu told me that his going to prepare his herbal medicine for my health which he sent to me, luckily after 2week my Herpes was cured. Dr Ogudugu is well recognize as one of the best herbalist doctor in Africa, you don't have to be sad anymore or cry anymore on this disease when the cure is available. The medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT,there's no special diet when taking the medicine. He also cure ALS, HIV AIDS, CANCER, HPV, DIABETES and lots more.
    For enquiries:
    E-mail: greatogudugu@gmail.com
    WhatsApp: +2348063739701

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing nice information about plush interactive cat toys with us. i glad to read this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent post. for more information visit here: Bloomy brain toys

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (Hsv) for the past 2 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr Ehimare helped someone in curing his (Hsv) herpes disease, quickly I copied his email which is drehimare3@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on Drehimare3@gmail.com Or whatsapp him via +1 (267) 691-1087

    ReplyDelete
  9. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up.cat excessive drooling

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information. dotcom secrets pdf

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you've been reading this site for a while, you're probably aware of our enthusiasm for cat nutrition that is suited for their species. You can check out cat products at PetCareRx.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts