4/22/2014

Thank you so much for all the gifts from our Amazon wish list!


Thank you Sandy Masciarelli for the Walmart Gift Card!
Thank you Alison Belknap for the Amazon Gift Card!
Thank you Donna Bailey for the Amazon Gift Card!
Thank you Femke Roders for the Amazon Gift card!
Thank you Dr. Jane & Tripod for the Amazon Gift Card!
Thank you Cyndi Mallow & Itty Bit Jr for the Amazon Gift Card!
Thank you Louise Butler for the Amazon Gift Card!
Thank you Bobbie for the Amazon Gift Card!



Thank you Karin Burns for the car bed!
Thank you Hand Made by My Monkey for the vaccines!
Thank you Diana Frankel for the dry food and cat litter!
Thank you unnamed for the cat foods, trashbags, catnip, blanket, toys, paper towels, tunnels, towels, batteries,  and cat cubes!




Thank you Rica Cruz for the treats, toys, and food!
Thank you Kari C for the paper towels, toilet paper, batteries, Color cleanup,  Clorox, towels, crinkle tube, printer inks, gift card, turbo scratch and lots of freshstep!
Thank you Natasha Rios for the cat litter and cleaner!
Thank you Melissa Cavuto for the food!




Thank you Lisa Wilkingson for the foods, toys and litter!
Thank you Audrey Graff for the foods and food!
Thank you Tricia Rosario for the food and toys!
Thank you Candace Lawrence for the food!
Thank you Shannon Meadows for the scratch and rest!



Thank you Kris Billingsley for the food!
Thank you Cassandra Chandler for the toy and freshstep!
Thank you Elaine Borskey for the cleaner!
Thank you Veronica Belsuzarri for the play cube!
Thank you Melina Lacovone for the freshstep!
Thank you Krista Shull for the freshstep!



Thank you Ann Mary Quarandillo for the freshstep!
Thank you Susamma Seeley for the freshstep!
Thank you Judith Ingles for the freshsteps!
Thank you Francois Du Perron for the food!
Thank you Stephanie Kutz for the food!
Thank you Ana Cash for the toys!



Thank you Brunswick Pet ER for the foods, toys and scratch and rests!
Thank you Renee Harp for the toys and litter!
Thank you James Vasquez for the carrier and scratch and rest!
Thank you Charlie Hill for the food!
Thank you Sam in memory of Baron for the foods and dryer sheets!
Thank you Meredith Campbell for all the food and kickeroo's!


!
Thank you Missie Crossen for the food and fish bed!
Thank you Elizabeth Ross for the fish bed and toys!
Thank you Veronica Johnson for the food!
Thank you Kristy Blackburn for the food and freshstep!




How I Cope With My Personal Loss
by Fiona




There is no such thing as right or wrong in the grieving process. There is no time limit!
A good friend is one who listens well, and doesn't try to “convince” you of anything.
A simple card and “I’m sorry” from a friend makes a difference.

You may find yourself impatient, frustrated or angry with well-meaning friends and family. Remember, your feelings are valid. Your reactions are valid. If you can, try just walking away to let overwhelming feelings dissipate. It’s normal to get very angry and “explode” at somebody. Your good friends will understand.

The night my Dad died, Mom and I were tending to him – and something I did made my Mom really angry and she said something really mean. I was so angry at her I was shaking and sobbing. I decided to walk out to the yard until I cooled off. Mom came out after me to continue the tirade. I was so hurt, and I didn't want to hurt back. The only thing I could think to do was drive home (3 miles away) until I calmed down, and go back again. That’s what I did. We reconciled, pulled together again, and Dad died a few hours later.

When my Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer, I didn't have the option of denial – I knew EXACTLY what was coming, and that everything was going to be down to me. That’s a hard position to be in. I don’t recall being angry, except at times I wish I’d had more professional help. I knew I had to be strong for Mom’s sake



When some people lose their pet, they choose to bury their pet – if you do, dig as deep as you can and place stones over the grave so wildlife won’t detect and dig up your beloved pet. You can plant a good sized bush to help protect the site and make your own Memorial Garden.
My own choice was to cremate Paddy, partly because I really wasn't sure what my future held and I didn’t want to bury him and then have to “leave him behind.” Seven months later, I still have his ashes. Now that I own my house and am very sure I won’t be moving, I feel a lot more comfortable scattering or burying his ashes with a memorial planting. I had also bought him a nice little wooden urn. Once I've put his ashes to rest, I will use this beautiful box as a keepsake box with a picture, a toy, anything that will remind me of him. I think there’s a reassuring aspect to choosing cremation- he’s still with me and always will be.
With pets, we have only our friends and loved ones to turn to when we’re in this boat. When our pets are sick, there’s no Hospice service for pets. I wish there were, because they are angels on earth!

It doesn’t get any easier no matter how many times you go through it. But the second time around with Mom, and third time around with Paddy, I did already have my own coping mechanisms in place, ones I had learned that work for me. Not necessarily anyone else – just me.



Hope these thoughts are helpful. 


I want to thank our friend and BCR supporter, Fiona, for sharing her personal experiences with loss. Fiona’s experiences with the loss of her parents and pet recreated the same feelings of loss each time. She found what helped her cope with her personal losses. When she needed coping skills, she knew what worked for her – Fiona had developed her own path back from the sadness of great personal loss to enjoying  and living life so she can give back to others.


Comments

Popular Posts