7/3/2014

Note from Julia

I’m Julia, a 19 year old girl from Frankfurt, Germany, the new volunteer at BCR. I am attending a vocational college in a city close to Frankfurt, to become a foreign language secretary. I’m learning Spanish, English and some French, which is lots of fun and opens many doors to different worlds, cultures and nations.

Travelling is a huge part of my life and even though I am more the quiet type of person, I definitely love seeing as much of our amazing world as possible. This is my first time outside Europe and I’m really enjoying it. It was pretty overwhelming at first, because I had some trouble getting to St Pauls, but everything worked in the end.

Part of my apprenticeship is a 1,5 month long internship and I had to decide whether to go to an office in Germany and do paperwork and stuff, or go anywhere abroad in order to improve my language skills. The decision was pretty easy, since I’m not really an office-person. I’m not going to work as a secretary (hopefully I won’t), because I would love to become a teacher for English and philosophy one day, that would be cool.
A few months ago I got in contact with Alana and decided to apply for becoming a volunteer, which was the best decision I made and it was just amazing that everything worked out. The first cat I met was Snicker, the famous handsome Snicker, who stole my heart within a heartbeat. In Germany I have three cats, one dog, two rabbits and fish, but I am definitely a cat-person, no doubt. I’ve fallen in love with every single cat, but who couldn’t? Right now I’m spending most of my time with Charity, she is such a sweet little girl and perhaps I get the chance to steal her when no one is looking!


Some of you have probably already seen me doing boxes and tours, which I did really awkwardly, but I promise that my English is usually better and I need to get used to being seen by all the amazing fans and supporters of BCR. As I said, I am more the quiet person. You will probably see me a good few times during the next weeks and I will be there during open houses and the jump (I’m undisclosed whether to jump or not – we will see!). Can’t wait to meet you all!


Note from Alana:  Right now Julia is also helping us lots on our social media.   If you would like to come spend time working doing an internship,  please email me
alana@blindcatrescue.com





Have you gotten your jump tickets??


We are doing a charity jump in Raleigh on 8/8
The HUMANS are jumping from a platform 40 feet in the air onto a 
big blow up pad (like the stunt people use)  The team that
jumps the most feet will win $25,000!!     YOU do NOT have to
be there or jump,  Just purchase your ticket and then ASSIGN
your ticket to us to jump.

Here is the link:

Please only Buy a Ticket for RALEIGH  NO WHERE ELSE, we have a HUGE
team jumping there...  there are no other towns jumping except Tampa that has a small team.

To assign your tickets,  right after your purchase them  
click My Account  (top right of your screen)
click My tickets
click Assign and then type in MY Email address    alana@blindcatrescue.com

We will jump for you!!   Thank you so much for helping the cats!!!



New Contest



Please help the cats win $1,000 (that will pay for 1 WEEK of vets bills) 
DAILY VOTE Please Like & Share



Thank you so much for all the gifts from our  Amazon wish list!

Amazon often does not tell us your names,  often there is not even a packing slip,
they NEVER give us your contact info so we are not able to personally message you.  
Please know how grateful we are to your for your kindness!


This is from several days :)


Thank you Gene Winters for the trashbags, batteries, and toys!
Thank you Linda for the food!
Thank you Margot for the toys, and food!

Thank you Kathleen Hanson for the treats!
Thank you Donna Goins for the foods, litters and treats!
Thank you Rebecca Deaux for the food!
Thank you Lori Young for the paper towels!
Thank you Sarmini Satidja for the foods!
Thank you Elizabeth, Ted, Abby & Gracie Szur-OConnor for the foods!
Thank you George Tyrrell for all the foods!



Thank you Sneha Sawhney for the first aide kit!
Thank you unnamed for the treats, !
Thank you Lisa Jackson for the freshsteps!
Thank you Loraine Young for the freshstep!
Thank you Gwen Placko for the freshstep!
Thank you Gene Winters for the freshsteps!
Thank you Lisa Jackson for the freshstep!
Thank you Eirin Rormark for the freshstep and food!
Thank you Donna Martin for the freshstep and foods!
Thank you Viv Madigan for the freshstep, food and play cube!
Thank you Markus Neumann for the freshstep!
Thank you Eirin Rormark for the freshstep!


Thank you Carol Roy for the freshstep and food!
Thank you Teresa Fifer for the toys, scratch and rest and tower!
Thank you Patricia Hall for all the track toys!
Thank you Michael Tillman for the dry food!

Thank you Gail Myers for the dry food!
Thank you Maureen Jackson for the amazon gift card!
Thank you Mandy for the Amazon gift card!
Thank you Sara Rutenberg for the amazon gift card!
Thank you Hillary Gilfand for the freshsteps!
Thank you PE Von Frickenson for the amazon gift card!
Thank you Barbara Wong for the amazon gift card!
Thank you RPM Girls for the freshstep and clorox!
Thank you Margo Rudder for the vaccines!
Thank you Elizabeth Troester for the freshstep and clorox!










Comments

Popular Posts