Snickers' Exclusive with Virginia



SNICKER: Ms. Virginia, I really want to thank you for taking the time to sit down and answer some questions for me. I know everyone appreciates it.

VIRGINIA: Of course, I was flattered that you wanted to talk to little 'ol me.


SNICKER: I always love talking to beautiful cats!

VIRGINIA: Aww, thanks Snick! You're so sweet!

SNICKER: You're welcome. So lets start with the questions shall we? I've heard rumors throughout the farm that you may be sick, what's wrong?

VIRGINIA: Well Snick, I am sick. In fact, my sickness is part of the reason I'm at BCR in the first place!

SNICKER: Really? I'd love to hear how you ended up at BCR.

VIRGINIA: Well, my brother Danny and I, ended up at a high kill shelter in West Virginia. Being at a high kill shelter is bad, but to make it worse, my brother and I were both blind and we were both FELV+!! Thankfully for us someone at the shelter got a hold of BCR and told Alana about our situation. That's how I got to Blind Cat Rescue and Sanctuary.

Virginia and Danny on her right


SNICKER: So you have a brother?

VIRGINIA: I had a brother. He passed away about 15 months ago from the same disease that's afflicting me now.  Feline Leumkemia

SNICKER: I'm so sorry to hear that.

VIRGINIA: It's okay, he had an amazing life. He wasn't scared when he got sick. He just lived every day happy and to the fullest. He had no worries. He was loved and he knew he was loved. In the end, that's all you can hope for and I hope to be just as happy near my end.

Danny & Virginia playing with Ed


SNICKER: That's a great way to look at life. How do you feel knowing that you may not be here much longer?

VIRGINIA: Well, I'm not scared, I'm actually relieved because I'm going to get to see Danny again and I've missed him so much! I am worried about my momma though. She loves me so much and I know that when I cross over the rainbow bridge, she is going to miss me very much. I just hope she knows how much she means to me. Without her, Danny and I wouldn't have got to live out our lives in such an amazing place with so much love.

With a visitor


SNICKER: You're so brave!

VIRGINIA: Well thank you!

SNICKER: Is there anything you'd like to say to all of the people who love and care about you?

Virginia with a visitor


Virginia: I love all of you. Don't cry for me, but instead remember all of the happy times. Remember how much I loved to sit in your lap and purr for hours. Never forget how I loved to groom you until your hand was raw, and you loved me so much you never made me stop even when it hurt you. Remember how I would run up to you for a big hug because I was always happy to see everyone. Remember that even though I won't be here forever, I will still always be with you. Remember that you gave me an amazing life and I love you all dearly for it.

Virginia & Ryan at June Open house


SNICKER: That was beautiful. I want you to know that you are an amazing cat and I feel very lucky to be able to say that I know you. I will pray that you have lots of time left with us! Thank you again for letting me get an exclusive interview with you!

VIRGINIA: You're welcome Snick. I just want to say I love you all!!


                                                 A wonderful Video of Virginia :)

7/10/2013  Virginia was diagnosed with lymphoma involving her spinal cord.  She was no longer able to stand on her own nor have control of her bowels or bladder.  The agonizingly painful decision was to euthanize her.   We will always remember this sweet girl with the rough tongue who loved to lick you.  She was such a sweet loving soul and we were so blessed to have been loved by her for 2 years.

Comments

  1. To all of you who take care of these beautiful cats Thankyou Iam so sorry for your loss Iam so sad to hear the bad news

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. I will truely miss Virginia. I loved watching her make bread. Always made me smile. Loved when she would talk and follow the staff around during tours too. Have good memories of her.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will miss her. Thank you for all you did for her and the other kitties at BCR. She was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sorry for your loss, much love to you all xxxxx RIP sweet girl xxxxx <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry for the loss of sweet Virginia. I lost two cats from liver cancer 14 months apart. This post made me cry, but also helped because I feel Virginia's words about remembering the good times could have came from Max and Salem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this bring tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the video "Shortening Bread" and shared with family and friends. So sorry for the fact her life was cut short. She was loved and I am thankful to Blind Cat Rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless Blind Cat Rescue and thank you for doing the wonderful things you do for Virginia and others. Rest in Peace Virginia, enjoy reuniting with your brother and those who have passed before you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for letting us know Virginia, she was always such a joy to watch. Thank you BCR for giving Miss Virginia and Danny (and so many others) the amazing lives and the love they so deserve. May Virginia rest in peace, or frolic in fields of catnip. Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - I am speechless. Bless your hearts a thousand times over for taking these kitties in and caring for them so tenderley. I love their photos and although I'm so sorry for your recent loss, I wish every cat could know the love and caring that you extend at your facility.

    Keep up the incredible work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts