Holly Dolly

SNICKER: Today we've got Holly here to talk about how she came to be here at BCR! Holly, it's great to see you girl, how are you today?





HOLLY: I'm great! Just got done soaking up the sun and rolling in the grass. 

SNICKER: Great! So tell us your story! I want to know everything!

HOLLY: Okay, well, I was with a family for about 11 long and loving years... before they dropped me off at the pound.

SNICKER: WHAT?!!? They dropped you at the pound? Oh my gosh! After 11 years?

HOLLY: Yeah. I was just as shocked as you, believe me. I was heartbroken. I couldn't believe they'd just leave me at the pound. I was such a great cat to them. 

SNICKER: Oh wow. I'm so sorry Holly. What happened next?

HOLLY: Well, since I'm a purebred Persian, a local rescue group was going to pull me out of the pound. Unfortunately for me, I tested FELV+...

SNICKER: Wait... Then why aren't you in the FELV room?

HOLLY: Well, I'm not actually FELV+.

SNICKER: Wait, I thought you just said...

HOLLY: I tested FELV+ on an unreliable test. I was tested later after I arrived here and I am not FELV+

SNICKER: Well, I bet that was a relief for you!

HOLLY: Well, not really... At the point I wanted to lay down and die anyway. I was so depressed...

SNICKER: Oh no...

HOLLY: Well, anyway, BCR was contacted about me and I was sent here. 

SNICKER: Great!

HOLLY: At the time it wasn't for me. Like I said, I wanted to die. I had just lost every single thing I had known. 

SNICKER: What happened when you got to BCR?

HOLLY: Well, after I got to BCR, my blood pressure skyrocketed and I lost my eyesight after I got here.

SNICKER: Woah! You weren't always blind? So what is it like to be able to see? That's so amazing!   (Alana's note,  sadly the only picture we have of Holly with eyes is a very bad copy of a copy picture on a piece of paper.  She lost her eyes the day after arriving)

HOLLY: Well, seeing is great, but absolutely not necessary. I do just as fine without as I did with.  It's kind of hard to explain what seeing is like. Everything has a shape or a color. It's like a picture in your head at all times. Instead of seeing things with our whiskers and our hearing you things take shape. They look more vivid than your imagination. 

SNICKER: Well, I'm not sure that was a good way to describe sight, but I suppose I understand what you're saying. So what happened next?



HOLLY: Well, like I said, I lost my sight. I don't think things could have gotten any worse. I lost my family, my eyesight, and my will to live. I just wanted to be left alone to die in peace. Didn't I at least deserve to die in peace? Apparently not, because Alana wouldn't give up on me. At one point I had a feeding tube because I stopped eating. I didn't want to be touched. I was a complete mess Snicker. I really let life get me down. At this point in my life, I'm actually a little ashamed at how depressed I was.

SNICKER: No need to be ashamed. You lost everything. I totally understand being depressed about that. 

HOLLY: So... I was a mess. Well, it was around fall and I was still depressed but it was a beautiful fall day. It was a nice cool 70 degrees out and the birds were out like crazy. I went to the door and just sat there, looking pitiful I suppose, I love the outside. Alana looked at me long and hard and decided that it would be a good idea to let me out. So she opened the door and I ran out as fast as my little legs would carry me!

SNICKER: Oh my! What happened next?

HOLLY: I ran to the grass and started rolling around! I love being outside!!! I was so happy. I couldn't believe it. I've heard people say that being out in nature can really cure depression, but I never really believed it until that moment. I felt all my pain and despair start to dissipate. It was such an uplifting moment in my life. 

SNICKER: Oh wow!!!

HOLLY: Yeah! It wasn't long after that, that I started eating and the feeding tube was taken out.



SNICKER: That is so amazing! I'm so happy for you!

HOLLY: So, now I'm a lobby cat, and I have a way to get into the backyard whenever I feel the need to decompress. 

SNICKER: That was such a great story! So, what do you think of Blind Cat Rescue.

HOLLY: BCR saved my life. If it wasn't for Alana, I would have completely given up my life a long time ago. She's an angel and I love BCR. 




SNICKER: I agree! Well Holly! I am so glad everything turned out so well for you even after having such a rough life. We're glad you're here. We love you! Thanks for coming in for this interview! 

Comments

  1. Bless you Holly Dolly, and thank you for not giving up on yourself, and thank's to Alana for not giving up on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly <3 now you are safe and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Holly I am glad there was a happy ending for you.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a horrible yet lovely story. You don't want to know what I think of this baby girl's former family, but bless BCR for coming to her rescue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you now Holly. Enjoy the great nature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Holly so happy you will have a peaceful comfortable life after being dumped by your owners of so many years. BCR is a great place to live out your days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that Holly is happy now. You guys are angels for the work you do. This is a story with a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts