Snicker's exclusive interview with Jagermeister

SNICKER: Hey there everyone. I'm back and I've got a super cool cat here with me today! Jager! He's one of our newest cats and has had up close and personal experience with on of the coolest BCR angels, Ms. Diane, or as some of you may know her, Steviesmom! Jager, I'm glad you could be here with us today!



JAGER: Thanks Snicker, I'm overjoyed to be here. 

SNICKER: Great! So tell us, how did you end up here at BCR?

JAGER: Well, I lived with.... a hoarder.

SNICKER: Oh no! Not a hoarder! They often mean well, but it usually ends up badly. Lack of finances, medical care, and food create a perfect storm, so to speak, for hoarding conditions and sickly animals. The authorities are often brought in to situations like this.

JAGER: Exactly Snicker. Being in a hoarding situation is never a good thing. If you ever suspect a hoarding situation, it would be a good idea to pick up the phone and call your local humane law enforcement department, police department, animal shelter, animal welfare group or veterinarian to initiate the process of getting the hoarder and the animals involved help. For more information you can check out this site: 

SNICKER: So what happened?

JAGER: Well, after I was rescued, it was found that I am FELV+. I wasn't the only one either. There were over 8 of us with FELV and most of them were put to sleep!

SNICKER: Oh no! How did you get out alive?

JAGER: Well, I was lucky, that's all there really is to it. Thankfully Alana had an opening here at BCR and I was the cat picked. Pure unadulterated luck! So, if it wasn't for BCR, I probably wouldn't be here. As I'm sure you know, being FELV+ is a death sentence for most cats. 

SNICKER: Do you miss the other cats you were with? How many of you were there? 

JAGER: Well, there were 87 of us. Of course I miss them. We were a family. I know it was for the best that we were all placed or put to sleep though.

SNICKER: For the best?

JAGER: Yes, being in a situation like that is horrible. Lack of medical care, food and water, even a nice place to sleep is all too common. It's no way to live.

JAGER: I also believe that humans should be spaying and neutering their animals. Especially the dogs and cats. 

SNICKER: Why's that?

JAGER: Well, in seven years, an unspayed female and unneutered male cat can produce up to 370,000  kittens. Homes cannot be found for most of these animals and many either end up in shelters or on the street. Only a lucky few are adopted; the rest are either euthanized or die from trauma, exposure, starvation or disease. By spaying or neutering your cat, you do your part to prevent this tragedy. I'm a very big advocate of spaying and neutering. I just hate to see cats without homes! For more information about why you should have your animals fixed, check out this website:


http://www.vmth.ucdavis.edu/home/beh/feline_behavior/spay.html
or

SNICKER: WOW! 370,000 ?!!? That's a lot of babies! If I wasn't already fixed, I think I'd be begging to get fixed! Can you imagine the child support involved with that many babies? Jeez! 

JAGER: Yeah, that's a lot of kitty litter! Ha ha ha! 

SNICKER: Well, I've definitely learnt a lot talking to you!

JAGER: Ha ha, thanks. 

SNICKER: So, tell me, you ended up at the vet hospital that Ms. Diane works at in Florida, right?



JAGER: Oh yes, I love Diane! She's such a great woman. You can always tell whose an animal person. Diane is DEFINITELY an animal person. She's very kind and I could tell that she was there to help me and give me the best medical care possible. 

SNICKER: Yes, she truly is a great woman. 

JAGER: I remember the day Joan and Jim picked me up to bring me to BCR. I could feel the sadness on Diane before they got there. I wanted to tell her everything would be okay, but you know how humans are, they still haven't figured out how to listen to us. I do miss her. 

SNICKER: Well, I did hear a rumor recently that she might be up here for a visit in July!

JAGER: WHAT?!!? Really?!? I sure hope so. It would be so great to see her again. I just want to let her know I'm doing well! Who knows where I'd be if it wasn't for that angel.

SNICKER: Well, I sure hope she comes for a visit then! So, tell me, what do you think of Blind Cat Rescue?



JAGER: I love it here! I always have yummy food. My litter boxes are scooped like a bunch of times a day, so it doesn't stink! Which I am sooooo grateful for! I hate the stinky smell where I used to live. They clean all the linens and wipe down the walls and everything, EVERYDAY! You wouldn't believe that cats even lived here! There are tons of toys for me to play with and really nice ladies that like to play with us. I believe the more the merrier though, so, if you'd like to volunteer and come play with us and help out, I'd love it! If you would like to volunteer, please, check out this link:  http://blindcatrescue.com/Volunteer.html

SNICKER: Yes, we love when people come to play with us! Also, if you can't volunteer, there are other things you can do like sponsoring a cat! If you'd like to see the other ways that you can help out, check out this link:  http://blindcatrescue.com/Helpus.html


JAGER: Well, Ms. Diane, if you're reading this, I really hope that you come for a visit. I would love to see you again. I would also like to say thank you to Joan and Jim for transporting myself, Smudge, and Baron to this lovely place. You are great people and you both have a special place in my heart. I also hope that you both come back to visit soon. Smudge was just talking about how much he misses you two. 

SNICKER: Okay everyone, we have to wrap this up! Thank you so much for the information you've given me today! I'll be sure to tell everyone to spay and neuter their pets. Thank you for taking the time to come visit with us. I hope you continue to have such a bright outlook on life and have a great life here. 

JAGER: Thanks Snicker. Goodbye everyone! I hope to see all of you very soon!


Written by Snicker
Edited by Jennifer

Comments

  1. What a great interview Snicker and Jager. Sure glad you ended up at BCR.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jager I am so happy for you! And I hope you get to say hello to Diane again real soon, she truly is an angel. And you are my favorite little black jaguar :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on my way Jager...be ready for some kisses, I love you and miss you xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts