01/13/2015

Interview with Dan Gulde

Can you tell me a little about yourself.
Dan, what do you do for your work? Do you have any hobbies or talents (cooking, outdoor
activities, reading…)? What is your favorite restaurant? What is your favorite meal?
 I currently work for Alabama State University. I run the Prosthetic & Orthotic (P&O) Lab
and teach P&O fabrication and safety skills. Hobbies—Let me see—I do like playing
computer games. I play World Of Warcraft and Lord Of The Rings Online. Talents -- I have
many. Sculpting, carpentry, metalsmithing, chemistry and plastic molding are just a few
talents needed to do my job. I do not have a favorite restaurant but my favorite food is King
Crab and Lobster.

Where do you live now? How long have you lived there?
If you’ve lived other places – cities, states – which was your favorite? What are the most
enjoyable thing(s) to do where you live now?
 I live in a small town outside of Montgomery, Alabama, named Prattville. I’ve been here for a
little over 2 years now. I’ve lived all over the U.S... I’m a military brat and a veteran. Been to
every state except Louisiana, Washington & Oregon… I call Denver, Colorado, my home. I was not born there but it’s the only place I know as home. I was born at Ft. Riley, Kansas. But never seen it, we moved when I was 3 months old. Denver is my favorite place.  I guess the most enjoyable thing
about Alabama is the mild winters and being close to the Gulf Coast beach. LOVE the beach and
warm water.

Do you have children? (how many, ages…)
 I have 2 children, a girl and a boy. My daughter is now 32 and has 2 kids of her own. My
son is 31 now and still single.  (WOW, Dan is a grandfather!)

We know you love cats. How many cats do you have at home? Do you have any ‘special
needs’ cats? What are your cat’s names, ages…? (do you have pictures of them?)
 I have 3 indoor cats, Sam, Zena & Sophia. 1 stray, Little Red, and several Feral cats. I don’t
have any “special needs” cats. Not sure of their ages because they were all rescue cats. We
believe Sam is around 9 years old. Sophia is around 2 years old and Zena is about 6 months old. I’m not really a “Shutter Bug” type person. Most pics are locked away in my mind till it

goes.   (Dan found photos of his fur-kids!)




How did you find out about BCR? When/how long ago?
When you first learned about BCR, how long was it before you visited for the first time?
 I found BCR by accident when looking for advice to care for my dying cat Fritz. It was
around February 2014. It was around 6 months after learning and researching into BCR that
I made my 1st visit. I was already working with 2 other charities, but after all the research,
found BCR to be “Setting the Bar” for cat care. This IS the cleanest, healthiest and BEST run
organization I have EVER come across. It was something I felt that I NEEDED to be a part of.
The calling was SO strong that I was willing to take a 15 hour bus ride, each way, and was
going to walk the 10-15 miles from Fayetteville to St. Pauls. Alana was NOT going to let me

walk and sent a ride to pick me up from Bus Station.


Dan and Baron during chat and box opening. Dan with Paul and Baron with Candy. December 2014

How did you find out about BCR? When/how long ago?
When you first learned about BCR, how long was it before you visited for the first time?
 I found BCR by accident when looking for advice to care for my dying cat Fritz. It was
around February 2014. It was around 6 months after learning and researching into BCR that
I made my 1st visit. I was already working with 2 other charities, but after all the research,
found BCR to be “Setting the Bar” for cat care. This IS the cleanest, healthiest and BEST run
organization I have EVER come across. It was something I felt that I NEEDED to be a part of.
The calling was SO strong that I was willing to take a 15 hour bus ride, each way, and was
going to walk the 10-15 miles from Fayetteville to St. Pauls. Alana was NOT going to let me
walk and sent a ride to pick me up from Bus Station.

What was your first impression of BCR? Do you remember which cat you first met?
When you left, how did your heart feel…did you want to take some cats home?
 My first impression of BCR was very surreal. It was like a dream I never wanted to wake up
from. My whole visit was outstanding. The first cat I met was “Mack”, simply because he’s a
lobby cat. He came right up to me for some pets. I didn’t want to leave and I’m NOT
ashamed to say that I shed tears. I wanted to take them ALL home with me.

What is the most enjoyable part of visiting BCR – any certain cats you like to spend extra
time cuddling when you visit?
 I guess the most enjoyable part of visiting BCR was being able to get my hands dirty by
helping clean and doing whatever needed to be done for the cats. I REALLY wanted to do
more than voting and donating. Being swarmed by the cats was also awesome! I like
spending extra time with the “special kitties” and the cats in quarantine. People are not too
fond of the spray room so I spend extra time with them.

 


Is there anything else you would like to share about yourselves with the BCR supporters?
 Not really much to say about me. If you follow the BCR “Chat” and FB and catch my
occasional emotional meltdowns on FB, then you know pretty much everything about me. If
not, feel free to ask me. I’m an Open Book. I would like to take a moment to THANK everyone that votes, donates, volunteers, E-Bay sellers/buyers, walkers/runners using the resQwalk app and all the staff that keeps this excellent organization running. I would like to send a SPECIAL thanks to Alana for starting this Charity and the sacrifices she continues to make for these cats.
 BCR is not just a charity. BCR is a place to find advice, support, information and tons of
love when you NEED it the most. BCR was a huge part of my recovery from losing my Fritz
kitty. Fritz was my mom’s cat till she passed so it hit me especially hard when he died in my
arms. It was like losing my mom again. It would have been SO much harder on me without
the love and support I found here.
 I truly love this place and am looking forward to my return in July 2015. 
THANK YOU EVERYONE for making this place what it is.

Peace and Love to All





Thank you so much for the gifts from our Amazon wish list!!    http://amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/14VUTQST8F5XH



Poppy and Felix 



We are so grateful to you for your support!!

Amazon does not always tell us your names,  there are some without a  packing slip and they never give us your contact information.  Please accept our apology if we do not list your name.  We are so grateful to you for your kindness!!

Thank you Annalisse Morrow for the ear cleaner!
Thank you Brenda Morrow for the cat toys!
Thank you Bridget Clopper for the cat toys!
Thank you Carl Wetterling for the clorox spray, towels, cat food, play cube, clorox and treats!
Thank you Catherine English for the pet tinic!
Thank you Amy Chastain for the cat litter!
Thank you Cheryl Dennis for the cat food, fortiflora and dryer sheets!
Thank you Cindy DeGraf for the camera!
Thank you Cynthia Watson cat food!
Thank you Deanna Koltai for the ear cleaner!
Thank you Don Leigh for the filters, cat food and cat toy!
Thank you Heidi Jones for the cat toy!


LT playing with the spring toys!

Thank you Heike Obergantschnig for the feeding syringes, trash bags,cat toys and filters!
Thank you Helen Lawrie and Amber for the cat toys!
Thank you Jane Foxall for the cat food!!
Thank you Janet Palmer for the cat food!
Thank you Jillian Mueller for the cat toys!
Thank you Kathy Minter for the scratch kube!
Thank you Katie Wood for the cat toys!
Thank you Kelcey Jacobs for the cat litter!
Thank you Kelley Morgan for the nutri-cal!
Thank you Kristin for the amazon gift card!
Thank you Linda for the bucket, pads and wildlife feed!
Thank you Linda Bennett for the cat food and batteries!
Thank you Lynn Tapella for the fortiflora!

Jellybean laying on the scratch kube!

Thank you Mary Milne for the trash bags, cat food, batteries and litter!
Thank you Michelle Radmer for the paper towels!
Thank you Patricia de la Bretonne for the cat food!
Thank you Shirley Kelly for the baking soda, detergent, paper towels, dawn, bath tissue, gloves, purex, cat food, trash bags, softener, sponges and cleaners!
Thank you Tayna Adams for the gloves, cat toys and detergent!
Thank you Unknown for the cat toys, cleaner and cat food!
Thank you Unknown for the gloves, litter, cat beds and cat food !
Thank you Unknown for the syringes, cat food, pet tinic!
Thank you Valerie Davis for the pet tinic!
Thank you Walter Santucci for the cat food!
Thank you Wardell Motley for the cat food!



Paul and Richey enjoying the cat beds!





When you shop at Amazon,  if you log in from  http://smile.amazon.com
and pick Blind Cat Rescue as your charity.  They will make a donation
from their foundation to the cats!  It costs you nothing extra :)




We love our eBay sellers and buyers!!  There are many many auctions being generously shared with the cats!  You may find them at  http://givingworks.ebay.com/charity-auctions/charity/blind-cat-rescue-sanctuary-inc/17471/




AN-ORIGINAL-SIGNED-WATERCOLOUR-PAINTING-BY-KATE-DANIELS-CAT-WITH-A-SCARF

Another wonderful auction being shared with the cats by a wonderful ebay seller! Thank you so much for your kindness! Hope you check it out  
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AN-ORIGINAL-SIGNED-WATERCOLOUR-PAINTING-BY-KATE-DANIELS-CAT-WITH-A-SCARF-/171639560098?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item27f683d7a2




.

Facebook is hiding much of our posts!!  To subscribe,  please
just send an email to   join@blindcatrescue.com  and we will add you :)





CFC #67324







Comments

Popular Posts