Snickers Exclusive with Edward

SNICKER: Hey everyone! I'm back and I'm here to do an exclusive interview with Edward! Recently we found out that you have Lymphoma. How have you been handling the news?



EDWARD: Well, I'm not exactly happy about the diagnosis. I'd love to live a long life with the people I love and who love me in return. I'm not depressed and worried, because I know I'll get to see Bella again, but the thought of an impending death is awfully unsettling.

SNICKER: Who is Bella?



EDWARD: Bella is my beautiful sister. She died of FIP about 4 months ago. She was such a sweet and gentle soul. I do miss her very much and I can't wait to see her again. Everyone loved her. When she died a few months ago everyone was so sad. Unfortunately for us, we're FELV+ cats. It's really just like having a time stamp that says when you'll pass. We're lucky to make it past 3 years. Most of us don't.

SNICKER: That's so sad! 

EDWARD: Yeah, kinda I guess. If you had FELV you would understand that it's not as scary as you might think. We comes to terms with our immortality. We realize that everyday is special. We do what we can with what we have. We know that we need to love as strongly as possible. When we are given love, we soak it up and relish it, in its entirety.

SNICKER: So you're ready to pass?



EDWARD: I don't think I'm "ready" to pass, but I have lived an amazing life, and if I passed away today, I would have no regrets.

SNICKER: Wow, you sound so strong and sure of everything. 

EDWARD: I have to be. I've had time to think about it. Besides, I still have friends who count on me. Liza, for example, is my best friend. I want to be happy and spend as much time with her as possible. She's just such a great cat, and she's made my life that much better.





SNICKER: So I hear you have to go to the doctor every 2 days, what are they doing to you there?

EDWARD: I am having fluid removed from my lungs. The lymphoma is producing liquid and it has to be drained.

SNICKER: Does it hurt?

EDWARD: It feels like a small pinch I suppose. Not too bad. I stay calm because I know they're doing everything they can to save me and make me as comfortable as possible. 

SNICKER: Wow. You're such a brave cat! You are an inspiration. What would you like to say to the people who will miss you?


EDWARD: Live your life to the fullest! Do as I do, and live in love and light. Be as happy as possible at all times. If something doesn't make you happy, don't do it! It's just that simple! Life is the longest thing you'll ever do, but it's unbelievably short. If you love someone, tell them. Do you best to never be sad and don't fret over me when I'm gone. I know it's sad to lose someone you love, but never forget the ones still living. They need you now more than I do. I want you all to know how much I love and adore you. I will be watching over you. 

SNICKER: You are such a great cat. I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me today. Thank you so much Edward. I wish you the very best.

Looking outside at the vets office before dying in my arms,  7/30/13
Good bye Sweet Edward,  you were loved and will be missed!



Written by Snicker
Edited by Jennifer

Comments

  1. Have tears. Very touching interview. Bless his sweet soul.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, so sad - but happy (as Edward would have wanted) that he is no longer in pain. I was diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer in 2005. I did chemo & now in remission. God Bless you Edward. >^..^<

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very well written Alana. So sad that it has to be that way. I still wonder if the one I am keeping in my sunroom has the virius. Some days he seem down some days not. A beauatiful story you have done there to explain Edwards problem and his passing. RIP Edward you will be missed and remembered fondly Im sure.

    Evdon S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad to learn Edward has passed. I'm sure he's with his sister Bella now in kitty heaven. Thank you all at BCR for taking such good care of all these dear cats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts