05/15/2016




Boxes, Boxes, and more Boxes. What can be better then lots of boxes sent to us from our great supporters. As you can see, Cole thinks so too. He sure is holding them down for Alana and Chris. 
Thank you so much for your generous donations. We appreciate every thing you send the kitties here at BCR.
If you would like to send some gifts to the kitties you can do so through our


Thank you Billy for the food!
Thank you Jerry Brodrick for the food!
Thank you Diana Stein for the food!
Thank you ShelterPups for the adorable stuffed replicas of some of our cats!

Thank you James helps for the Amazon gift card!
Thank you Heather D for the food and syringes!
Thank you Scott Mittelsteadt for the hydrogen peroxide!
Thank you The Welday Family for the food and peroxide!



Thank you Sylvia Bales for the litter!
Thank you Karen Bethune  for the peroxide!
Thank you Ajay Shah for the food!
Thank you several unnamed people for the foods and litter!

Thank you Terry Medvick for the foods and toys!
Thank you Linda Sullivan  for the gas drops and syringes!
Thank you Linda for the litters, bird seed, hummingbird foods and syringes!
Thank you unnamed for the peroxide!

Even Emily loves the boxes so much she sneaks into them before they are in the rooms. LOL

Thank you Sheila Bassett for the syringes and toys!
Thank you Ericka Byerly for the litter!
Thank you Karen Bethune for the glucose test strips, syringes, ear cleaner and food!
Thank you unnamed for the syringe test strips, and ear cleaner!

Thank you Deanna Gertz for the food!
Thank you Annette Osnos for the food!
Thank you Jacob for the gas drops and syringes!
Thank you Lisa & Glenn James for the Amazon gift card!
Thank you Olimpia Nowicka for the food!

Thank you to all the generous people who have sent food, toys, litter and more to the cats,  often Amazon does not give us your names or even packing slips.  We are very grateful to you for your generosity!!



I ask Mandy the other day a few questions about how she found BCR and what BCR means to her. Below is what she told me. 

I happened to come across BCR while looking for animal live cams. The first room that I saw was the FeLv room and I spotted a few tabbies in the room. I have a soft spot for tabbies and I wanted to keep watching. I quickly fell in love with all the babies. I saw Taffy on a live tour and wanted to find out more about her too. She is very much like me in that she gets very temperamental and she makes me laugh so much.

 I heard about sponsoring and people were very helpful in leading me in the right direction to find out about helping the babies. I began to sponsor Taffy and then I discovered Wifi and after hearing his story, I cried and my heart instantly went out to him. I knew in my heart that I was going to sponsor him too. Since watching from last year (I can't remember when), I have fallen in love with each and every one of the babies and they are so incredibly unique and special in their own way. 

I have to admit that when I first started watching, I was a lurker for quite a while because I was afraid to go in the chat room and talk as I was a bit shy and unsure. I decided to go in one day and chat and everyone was so welcoming and warm and I knew it was a place I would want to keep chatting in from that day forward. I love how the atmosphere is so warm, genuine and welcoming when you are a newbie to BCR. The first member of staff I met was Stephanie. I remember listening to her on the 1st tour I watched and I was just in awe of how patient, caring and loving she was with the babies.

I used to cry when I saw the blind babies and wonder how they lived their lives like that but I soon learnt that they are just like any other cat. They play, they love and they misbehave at times. I don't feel sorry for them anymore and I know they are quite capable of getting around and doing what they need to do. 

The special part for me about BCR is that this is their forever home. They are promised a home until they pass away and even then, they are buried in the memorial garden so they are always there. That is so special to me and it makes me feel so grateful that there is a place like BCR who is willing to go the extra mile for these cats and give them what others have failed to give them. I have never come across anything quite like it and I am proud to be part of this amazing sanctuary. 

There are cameras in 3 of the rooms and I like to watch the cat’s antics on the cameras when I can. They have a live stream 24 hours a day where you can watch the babies too. Every time I log on, there is always a kitty to watch and someone to chat to. I feel that they always go the extra mile for the babies and this sanctuary is dedicated to making the lives better for each and every one of the cats in their care. There is never a dull moment and I love watching them play and sometimes be naughty but who can get on with everyone all the time? 

I met Alana when I started becoming more involved and that lady is truly an inspiration to me. I can't thank her enough for everything she does. I get excited when I get to see her and learn more about BCR and the cats. I'm learning something new every day and I appreciate and welcome the information. 

The best part for me however, is the live tours. It's a very intimate way of getting to know the cats and their personalities and this is the best feeling. They also offer chat and boxes where generous donators send gifts for the cats and those gifts are opened on camera for us all to enjoy. There is also the news which I find highly valuable because being part of this great place, you get super attached to the babies and want to know about them and how they are. 

They are now broadcasting live on FB to attract even more people and get them to fall in love too. Not a bad thing is it? I would like to say thank you to everyone who works so hard for BCR and does such a great job and to all the people who have made my experiences memorable and keeps me wanting more. I'm very proud and honored to be part of such an incredible charity.

Thank you so much Mandy for taking the time to write what BCR means to you. We are truly thankful to everyone that supports us, watches us on Ustream or Facebook and helps us every day with clicking in our contests, liking us on Facebook and sharing our posts.  

Comments

Popular Posts