Snicker's Place 11/19/2015

Happy Almost-Thanksgiving!  Snicker here with another BCR interview!

Today, I’m going to talk with one of the kitties in the Crazy Kitten Room - and I know how they are because I live right outside their door. It’s noisy in there!  Always the sound of that big wheel going around and around!

Can you guess who I’m going to talk to?  That’s right - it’s Big-Wheel Crazy Pixie!


Snicker:  Thank you, Pixie, for taking a break from the wheel to chat with me.

Pixie:  Hey, Snicker - no problem, I can take a wheel break!  Thanks for asking me.


Snicker:  So, first of all, tell us how you came to BCR.

Pixie:  Well, I don’t remember a whole lot.  I wasn’t feeling very well when I was real little - all sniffy and my eyes hurt.  I was in a scary place where there were lots of sad kitties and dogs. I heard someone call it Animal Control.  I didn’t want to be there - it made me feel hopeless and sad.  The humans talked like they didn’t think they could find me a good place to live with nice people.

Snicker:  Yikes - that would make me feel hopeless, too.


Pixie:  I guess one of the humans knew about BCR because they called up Mom Alana and they came and got me!  I wasn’t very healthy right off the bat.  They made sure my eyes were taken care of and now I don’t feel them at all.  They say I also had new-monia and was real sick.  I stopped eating so Mom Alana had to stick a tube in me so I would get food.  That sure wasn’t fun.  Now I make sure I eat all my food!  Anyway, they loved me a lot here and I started to feel much better.

     


Snicker:  Well, I’m glad you came.  You’ve been here about three years, now, right?

Pixie: That’s right, I’m all grown up now.  I love it here.

Snicker:  They call the room where you and your roommates live the Crazy Kitten Room - did you know that?

Pixie: What????  Why do they say that?  We just like to have fun and run, run, run!  Don’t humans like that, too?

Snicker:  I live just outside your room so I know you all have fun in there.  Everyone says you are crazy about the running wheel, is that so?


Pixie:  Well, yes!  It’s the best.  I like to run as fast as I can.  It makes me very happy to run.  Sometimes I go so fast that I flip myself over!  I even fall off sometimes because it’s going so fast.   When I feel like it, I get off the wheel so another kitty called Charity can use it.  I’d rather stay on but I guess I can share.  I like to lay on the wheel thing, too.  It rocks when it moves!

We also have lots of toys to play with in here and so many things to climb on.  I love being up high where I can hear everything that happens.  I can even hear little bugs fly by!   If there’s a human in my room, I like to get on their shoulders so I can still be up high to hear things.


Snicker:  Besides your wheel, what else do you like about BCR?

Pixie:  There are lots of things… The humans who take care of us every day are really nice to us.  I like the people who come sometimes and spend the day with us.  I always have shoulders to sit on those days.  I like to run on my wheel then, too, because people cheer for me!  They say that people can watch us on TV!  I’m not sure where it is, but I try to be where they can see me and know I say hello!  Some nights, we have to be careful where we go because there are all kinds of boxes in our room.  Mom Alana and Auntie Christina sit on the floor with us and open the boxes full of very nice things - like FOOD, which is my favorite, and other things we can use or play with.  I do an extra wheel run on those nights to say thank you to our friends.



Snicker:  Those days are called Open House days, Pixie, and we all love them.  I know from being in the lobby where your room is that you have lots of people who love to see you.  Several come straight to your room first thing when they come to BCR just to see you!  Even before they want to visit with me!



Pixie:  That’s so nice to know, Snicker!  I’m happy that people like me and want to help us here at BCR.

There’s one person who tells me that I can come live with her if I want to!  (I think her name is Katherine).  Of course, I’d never leave BCR where my family is.  I love them all.  All my friends should know that when I run on my wheel I’m saying Thank You to them!

Snicker: Very nice, Pixie!  We’re all very lucky to have so many fans and supporters.  I agree with you 100% that Mom Alana and her helpers give us all a great home where we eat enough, stay healthy and get to play and be with people a lot.


Pixie:  I’m with you, Snicker.  All us cats in the - what did you call it? - Crazy Kitten Room (I still don’t understand that!) feel very happy to be here and thankful to the humans who make it such a great home.  You know what?  I’m going to go run on my wheel right now to tell them thank you!



Snicker:  Thanks for your time, Pixie!  Enjoy the Big Wheel.

Pixie:  You know I will.  Thank you again Snicker and I send a fur hug to my friends!


Thank you so much for your gifts from our Amazon wish list!!

Journey 

Thank you Peggy Hunter for the foods!
Thank you Linda for all the laundry soap and paper towels!
Thank you Heather Light for the food!
Thank you Gail Heaslet for the Amazon Gift Card!!
Thank you Stephen O'Flaherty
Thank you Cassandra Johnson for the food!

Checker loves the new mat and cat silhouette!

Thank you Amanda Green for the food and syringes!
Thank you Shirley Kelly for the filters, foods and pepcid!
Thank you Edwin Tompkins for the food!
Thank you Dana Comella for the food!!
Thank you Erik Daniels and Larry Sheffield  For the food and ear cleaner!
Thank you Deanna Koltai for the food!

Bear loves the new hammock!

Thank you shirley Kelly for the ear cleaner!
Thank you Linda for all the ear cleaners!
Thank you Shirley Kelly for all the foods, bleach and dish soap!
Thank you Loretta Ora for the dish soap, laundry soap and water filters!
Thank you Heather Light for all the syringes!

Meadow loves the new tunnel!

Thank you Kevin Krueger for the food mats!
Thank you Nicole Quellhorst for the laxative, filters, nutracal, paper towels and food!
Thank you Ruth Doss for the hydro peroxide, filters and food!
Thank you Alison Edwards for the filters!
Thank you Theresa Lee for the laundry soap and food!
Thank you Jennifer Brazalovics for the toys!

Holly loves her beds!

Thank you Jeffrey Belanger for the paper towels and cat food!
Thank you Gina Vertrees for the syringes and bleach!
Thank you Jennifer for the cat beds!
Thank you Unnamed for the Window seat, hammock, detergent, cat food and pet tinic!
Thank you James Dawson for the famotidine, clear lax and denamarin!
Thank you Julie Stanley for the paper towels!

Mack loves the new hammock!

Thank you Signe Bollman cat food!
Thank you Teneisha Austin for the famotidine!
Thank you R A  Green for the cat food!
Thank you Donald Scherzi for the scratchers!
Thank you Unnamed for the cat food, detergent, soap, kleenex!
Thank you Richard and the cats for the towels!

Izzy loves her new bed!

Thank you Kevin Krueger for the petfusion!
Thank you Christina Gandley for the fresh step!
Thank you James Floyd and David for the denamarin!
Thank you Sarah Weber for the bleach, detergent and denamarin!
Thank you Linda Stidem for the bleach, paper towels and filters!
Thank you David Jahng for the cat food!
Thank you Unnamed for the cat food, pet tinic and soap!

LT loves the new tent bed!

Thank you Rik Murrietta for the cat food!
Thank you Jennifer Brazalovics for the cat food!
Thank you Candace Baker for the fresh step!
Thank you Gail Heaslet for the cat food!
Thank you Antonella Pippia for the cat food and fresh step!
Thank you Joy Silbermann for the cat food!

Tabitha loves the new bed!

Thank you Desaree Meyer for the amazon gift cards!
Thank you Robert Billings for the cat food and filters!
Thank you L. A. Myers for the dish soap!
Thank you Sarah Weber for the paper towels!
Thank you Sandra Martens for the cat food, syringes and detergent!
Thank you Desmond and Kimberly Clark for the amazon gift card!

Pepper loves the new tunnel set!

Thank you Kate, Jackson Galaxy & Doskocil Manufacturing Co for the tube and tunnel sets!
Thank you Rebecca Clews for the pet-tinic!
Thank you Georgia Anderson for the cat food!
Thank you Lacey Hudspeth for the fresh step!
Thank you Unnamed for the detergent, peroxide, bleach, filters and food!

Jamie loves everything that was sent from our generous supporters!




Fred(blind and FIV postive) hopes that you will please take a minute and click for the kitties! 
http://shopforyourcause.com/click-to-donate/donate?ctd=4 Thank you for helping!



NEW CONTEST!!! 
$20,000 First Prize: http://shelterchallenge.com 
In the shelter name box just type in the word "blind" and click search. Then click on vote and fill out the captcha; please IGNORE the portal error message at the end. Thank you for helping the blind cats!!





CALENDARS for sale! Enjoy the antics of the crazy cats participating in the summer Olympics all year long smile emoticon http://blindcatrescue.net/ We also have adorable Snicker ornaments available. Please check them out!!




Will you please CLICK the picture, Like, comment and share
They will donate to rescue pets for each one.
https://www.facebook.com/chewy/photos/a.189088867809082.85859.179450065439629/1018460258205268 Chewy is an awesome place to buy your wellness food from and if you are a first time customer they will donate $20 to the blind cats if you use this link:http://www.chewy.com/rp/1010






Wonderful wines with the cats on the labels, Would make a great present and is actually really good wine :)http://benefitwines.com/bcrs 





YOU CAN MAKE YOUR VERY OWN FUNDRAISER AND HELP THE CATS TOO!
 VISIT: HTTP://BLINDCATRESCUE.ORG/FUNDRAISE.HTM






DO YOU LIKE TO SHOP OR SELL ON EBAY!  WITH THE FAST CLICK ON THE LINK
YOU CAN EASILY HELP THE CATS.  HERE IS SOME CUTE EBAY AUCTIONS.




WHEN YOU SHOP AT AMAZON,  IF YOU LOG IN FROM  HTTP://SMILE.AMAZON.COM
AND PICK BLIND CAT RESCUE AS YOUR CHARITY.  THEY WILL MAKE A DONATION
FROM THEIR FOUNDATION TO THE CATS!  IT COSTS YOU NOTHING EXTRA :)





FACEBOOK IS HIDING MUCH OF OUR POSTS!!  TO SUBSCRIBE,  PLEASE
   JUST SEND AN EMAIL TO   JOIN@BLINDCATRESCUE.COM  AND WE WILL ADD YOU :)








Comments

Popular Posts