Snicker's Place 09/22/2015

A interview by Snicker to Angel!

Snicker

Hi, Snicker here, with another of my BCR resident interviews!  With the Popes visit to the US this week, I thought it would like to interview one of our angelic residents, the one who has been here as long as MomAlana.

I mean our Angel, of course! (Maybe the Pope should visit her, too!)

Snicker:
Thank you, Angel, for letting me interview you, today!

Angel

Angel:
Youre welcome, Snicker!  Im happy you want to talk to me!  Believe me, us cats love you and these interviews - the cats that can see make sure that those of us who cant know what they say!  Sometimes a nice visitor volunteer or staff friend will read them to us!

Snicker:
I love sharing our stories so people know about us, the great place we live and that all cats are great cats!   I hear through the cat-nip vine that youve been here longer than anyone else.  Is that true?

Angel:
Its true, Snicker!  I came here in early 2006 from a place called Florida.  My foster-dad was very generous and loved us, but there were too many of us in his house!  Besides me, there were six other kitties there - one of them was Maggie who also came with me to here.  Before that, though, we had to go back to the rescue were we started at.  That was very scary, especially for Maggie.  She had some problems seeing and had already lost her human friend before she turned one!  It made me sad and I tried to cheer her up.   When it was time for us to leave the shelter we werent sure where we were going or if wed be ok.

Snicker:
Were you happy when you realized where you were?  How was the adjustment when you and Maggie got to BCR?

Angel:
Well, it was harder on Maggie than me.  I took a few days to figure out where I was and that I was safe.  I learned that I had friends in my room with me.   Now I love everyone in my room, which the staff calls Boones harem, whatever that means.  Boone is very big but sweet.  We all know that he will make sure were all safe from bugs and things like that.

Maggie didnt come with me to my room.  She stayed scared all the time so Mom Alana decided she could live in the lobby like you do, Snicker.  She did ok with that until she flew away from us a couple of years ago.  I know she was happy here, though.  I hear her meow in my dreams sometimes so I know shes alright where she is.

The people who come every day say that people can see my room with Boone on Fridays and visit with me when something called chat and boxes happen.  I like that because I get extra pets! 

Snicker:
Is chat and boxes that much fun?

Angel rubbing on the boxes!

Angel:
YES I love it.  I like meeting the people who love and care for us.


Snicker:
Come to think of it, I remember some chat and boxes in my lobby, too!  Youre right, they are fun!

Angel:
I heard Mom Alana telling someone about the people who extra love me and help me.  I only know their first names but Im waiting for Cat, Paul, John, Audrey and Nicole to come see me so I can extra love them back!  There were lots of people here in the last two days, so I purred  whole lot.  Didnt you, too?

Snicker:
You are too funny Angel.  I sure did!

Angel:
Now that I feel the air getting cooler, I think I want to keep my beautiful fur long again.  Ill need some brushing, though! 
Baron and Snicker!

Snicker:
I agree with you!  I know Mr. Baron will give me a good long brush session, but if I want a Man-EE-cure, I think someone else will need to do it!

Angel:
Youre funny too! Im happy we got to talk, Snicker!

Snicker:
Me, too, Angel.  I hope everyone will enjoy getting to know you better.  They can also read about you on what they call the BCR website!


Thank you so much for your gifts from our Amazon wish list!!
Pepper laying in the box!

Amazon often does not give us packing slips and never gives us your contact info so
we have no way to personally thank you. 
  Please know how grateful we are to you
for your gifts!


Thank you Gina Cook for the foods!
Thank you Lyndsey Anton for the treats, toys and food!
Thank you Shannan Briscoe for the foods!
Thank you Paula Gorrell for all the foods!

Chance and Snicker laying around!

Thank you Lisa Skedd for the food!
Thank you Matt McDonald for the food!
Thank you Jennifer Clemente for the food!
Thank you unnamed for all the foods!

Smudge

Thank you Rebekah Cravillion for the Amazon Gift Card!
Thank you Misty Martin for the beautiful blankets and toys!
Thank you Rosemary Brooks for the food!
Thank you Sara Engel for the foods!

Serena loves the beds!

Thank you unnamed for the food!
Thank you Stephen McReynolds for the foods!
Thank you Robert Rasmussen for the food!
Thank you Lydia High for the food!

Cookie

Thank you Mikaela Wolf for the freshstep!
Thank you unnamed for the food!
Thank you Karen Hodell for the food!
Thank you Eileen Allingham for the foods!

Sheila

Thank you Shirley Eden for the foods!
Thank you Cheryl Fisher for the foods!
Thank you Lynne Nelson for the food!
Thank you Karissa Amendt for the food!

Pepper playing in the tunnel toy!

Thank you Sara Engel for the food!
Thank you Linda for the potty pads!
Thank you unnamed for all the foods!
Thank you Laura for the toys and collar!

LT loves the scratch and brush!

Thank you Janet for the food and toys!
Thank you Susan Levine for the supplements!
Thank you Annamarie Caruso for the cat food and litter!
Thank you Barbara Patterson for the blankets and toys!

Buddy

Thank you Kristen Bloschak for the cat food!
Thank you Robert Brown for the cat food!
Thank Taylor Wright for the cat food!
Thank you Victor Sosa for the cat food!

Brandy loves her toys!



Sargent(Fiv postive) hopes that you will please take a minute and click for the kitties! 
http://shopforyourcause.com/click-to-donate/donate?ctd=4 Thank you for helping!



Did you know your birthday can help the blind, FIV & leukemia positive cats? Details: http://blindcatrescue.com/birthday.htm



You can make your very own fundraiser and help the cats too!
 visit: http://blindcatrescue.org/fundraise.htm


Do you like to shop or sell on ebay!  With the fast click on the link
You can easily help the cats.  Here is some cute ebay auctions.


When you shop at Amazon,  if you log in from  http://smile.amazon.com
and pick Blind Cat Rescue as your charity.  They will make a donation
from their foundation to the cats!  It costs you nothing extra :)


Do you walk or run? 
       If you pick Blind Cat Rescue as your charity,  every time you walk/run  they will donate to the cats!


Facebook is hiding much of our posts!!  To subscribe,  please
   just send an email to   join@blindcatrescue.com  and we will add you :)


Comments

Popular Posts